Russian dining

I have moved to San Francisco bay area from Russia in 2002. I felt extremely nostalgic and the only thing that could cheer me up was the taste of the motherland in the form of Russian traditional food. I immediately encountered difficulties trying to locate the Russian food supermarkets and restaurants. If I only knew then what I know now, it would have saved me a lot of tears and sadness caused by unability to find my favorite dishes. This is why I started posting here.

Wednesday, June 7

Cinderella Bakery

As a friend of mine said "for those of us whose parents/grandparents don't live near by" Cinderella is the place to check out. This place is specialized in everything dough-based - pelmeni, vareniki, bliny... It's pirozhki remind of childhood, grandma's kitchen, something so close yet so far back in time. It is located on Balboa and 5th intersection. I found some good reviews of this cafe. This place is ideal for an after-work cup of tea with some bulochki to relax after a hard day.

Cinderella Bakery Delicatessen & Restaurant
(415) 751-9690
436 Balboa St
San Francisco, CA 94118
Directions

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google
 
Web russianfoodinbayarea.blogspot.com