Russian dining

I have moved to San Francisco bay area from Russia in 2002. I felt extremely nostalgic and the only thing that could cheer me up was the taste of the motherland in the form of Russian traditional food. I immediately encountered difficulties trying to locate the Russian food supermarkets and restaurants. If I only knew then what I know now, it would have saved me a lot of tears and sadness caused by unability to find my favorite dishes. This is why I started posting here.

Friday, June 16

Old Krakow

Old Krakow is a polish restaurant in San Francisco, but it serves some Russian dishes along with Polish ones. Besides, Polish and Russian cultures are very similar in many aspects including food ingredients and recipes. When I was a kid my grandma used to make me bigos from time to time. Bigos is a traditional polish dish made of cabbage and sausages. Now I make it myself. I tried the Old Krakow's version of bigos and it tasted great, not to mention pirogi... Here is the menu:
http://sanfrancisco.menupages.com/screenmenu_b.asp?restaurantid=7975&areaid=23

Old Krakow Polish Restaurant
(415) 564-4848, (415) 539-9245
385 W Portal Ave
San Francisco, CA 94127
Directions

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google
 
Web russianfoodinbayarea.blogspot.com