Russian dining

I have moved to San Francisco bay area from Russia in 2002. I felt extremely nostalgic and the only thing that could cheer me up was the taste of the motherland in the form of Russian traditional food. I immediately encountered difficulties trying to locate the Russian food supermarkets and restaurants. If I only knew then what I know now, it would have saved me a lot of tears and sadness caused by unability to find my favorite dishes. This is why I started posting here.

Tuesday, June 6

Russian Cafe and Deli

Russian Cafe and Deli is a cozy place that has all the necessities: pelmeni and olivie are always in stock, fresh out of the kitchen. The deli is located at 1712 Winchester Blvd in Campbell back to back with Nevsky's restaurant. The deli also has a nice choice of beverages for any taste - you can get a glass of Igristoe champagne or a glass of black current juice to go along with pirozhki or vareniki. The owners are at the deli all the time, very friendly, can recommend something special to the newcomers.

Russian Cafe & Deli
(408) 379-6680
1712 Winchester Blvd
Campbell, CA 95008
Directions

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

They sell very yummi home-made sunflower seed halva by the pound (like in the old days ). On Fridays it gets delivered as a huge roll or disk (similar to cheese) - it's simply the best!

10:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google
 
Web russianfoodinbayarea.blogspot.com