Russian dining

I have moved to San Francisco bay area from Russia in 2002. I felt extremely nostalgic and the only thing that could cheer me up was the taste of the motherland in the form of Russian traditional food. I immediately encountered difficulties trying to locate the Russian food supermarkets and restaurants. If I only knew then what I know now, it would have saved me a lot of tears and sadness caused by unability to find my favorite dishes. This is why I started posting here.

Monday, June 5

Russian food

The first couple of months after moving to bay area from Russia I was completely disoriented. Not just I didn't have a car nor friends, but I couldn't figure out where to find my favorite food. I tried searching on Google but the most results were not on target. I read Russian community websites, but people their were mostly talking about San Francisco restaurants so that wasn't helpful either. Over the past few years I discovered some russian supermarkets and got to try a couple of restaurants in the area and now I am going to share this information with the world. It would be great if you shared your thoughts about these places. If anybody knows of something that I have not mentioned yet, please let me know.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks, Masha, for the blog and recommendations. It's great to have a collection of russian food places like this. I'm definetely going to explore a few I haven't been at yet.

10:22 AM  
Blogger Masha said...

Thanks! Great to hear that this will be useful.
:)

11:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google
 
Web russianfoodinbayarea.blogspot.com