Russian dining

I have moved to San Francisco bay area from Russia in 2002. I felt extremely nostalgic and the only thing that could cheer me up was the taste of the motherland in the form of Russian traditional food. I immediately encountered difficulties trying to locate the Russian food supermarkets and restaurants. If I only knew then what I know now, it would have saved me a lot of tears and sadness caused by unability to find my favorite dishes. This is why I started posting here.

Monday, June 5

Samovar Deli and Bakery

Samovar is located at 1077 Independence Ave in Mountain View. It is a cozy deli cafe that usually has fresh bakery along with some salads, some basic Russian foods such as buckwheat, bird's milk candy, and pelmeni. The choice is not as great as Winmart's but this one definitely has great value. There is also the Russian Club bookstore/movie rental place in the same space. I find it very convenient - get some pirozhnye Kartoshka then rent a Russian movie that recently came out at one trip and maybe get a nice book to read.

Samovar Deli & Bakery
(650) 969-5327
1077 Independence Ave
Mountain View, CA 94040
Directions

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google
 
Web russianfoodinbayarea.blogspot.com