Russian dining

I have moved to San Francisco bay area from Russia in 2002. I felt extremely nostalgic and the only thing that could cheer me up was the taste of the motherland in the form of Russian traditional food. I immediately encountered difficulties trying to locate the Russian food supermarkets and restaurants. If I only knew then what I know now, it would have saved me a lot of tears and sadness caused by unability to find my favorite dishes. This is why I started posting here.

Wednesday, June 7

Traktir

Out of all the Russian restaurants I have been to so far Traktir is my favorite. It is a small home-style restaurant in San Francisco close to Golden Gate park on Balboa and 41st. The food is very good, so is the service. The dishes have nice details added to make the food more attractive to the client - either a couple of cilantro leaves on top or some freshly cut dill sprayed over. It is great to celebrate special occasions with a small circle of friends.

Traktir Restaurant
(415) 386-9800
4036 Balboa St
San Francisco, CA 94121
Directions

1 Comments:

Blogger Masha said...

One of these days I'll expand my blog to a greater area - like the whole US - so if you can recommend a really good Russian place in NY, I'll add it for travelers' benefit.

;)

3:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google
 
Web russianfoodinbayarea.blogspot.com