Russian dining

I have moved to San Francisco bay area from Russia in 2002. I felt extremely nostalgic and the only thing that could cheer me up was the taste of the motherland in the form of Russian traditional food. I immediately encountered difficulties trying to locate the Russian food supermarkets and restaurants. If I only knew then what I know now, it would have saved me a lot of tears and sadness caused by unability to find my favorite dishes. This is why I started posting here.

Monday, June 5

Winmart

The first Russian supermarket I've ever been to is located at 833 W. El Camino Real in Sunnyvale. It is still there actually. The name is Winmart. If coming from the North it is going to be on your left side after Mary, if coming from the South - on the right side right after Pastoria Ave (a smaller street North of Mathilda). Winmart has an awesome choice for fresh salads, kolbasa, cheese, pelmeny, and exported wines. It is a great store, but a bit pricey comparing to other stores in the area.

Winmart
(408) 736-3316
833 W El Camino Real
Sunnyvale, CA 94087
Directions

4 Comments:

Blogger Masha said...

Which one would you recommend instead of Winmart?

11:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i didn't like that one at all, the place is small and no assortment whatsoever:(
go to Euromart instead!!
Светлана

10:35 PM  
Blogger Masha said...

Svetlana,

Are you talking about Euromart in San Francisco or the one that is coming up in Mountain View?

9:40 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The one in Sunnyvale, on El Camino
Svetlana

11:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google
 
Web russianfoodinbayarea.blogspot.com